Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

A file I saved in my Dropbox folder is not updating on other devices. What can I do?

Level 2

I have been saving a file to the Dropbox folder on my laptop, but it is not updating and I can't find it on my phone or tablet apps. What's happening and how do I fix it?

4 Replies

Re: A file I saved in my Dropbox folder is not updating on other devices. What can I do?

Super User II

Do you see the file if you sign-in to the Dropbox website? If not, then it's not syncing. Make sure the Dropbox app is running. If it is, hover your cursor over the Dropbox icon in your system tray (Windows) or menu bar (Mac) to check its status.

Re: A file I saved in my Dropbox folder is not updating on other devices. What can I do?

Level 4
It would be better to contact the support team... slightly smiling face

Level 2

I don't know what the system tray is, but everything I DO know indicates the app is running, and it stil isn't syncing.

Dropboxer
Hey @CBMcD, sorry for the late reply here!

Are you still having this issue? If so, can you let me know the current sync status of the desktop app? You can see this by clicking the small Dropbox icon that you see in your system tray (it will be near the time display on your device). 

Also, can you clarify if you are trying to upload files from your desktop to your account online or vice versa? 

Looking forward to your reply - Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

A file I saved in my Dropbox folder is not updating on other devices. What can I do?
4 Replies
1 Like
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post