Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Adding Links to Showcase Jpegs

Explorer | Level 3

I know that you can select text and add links on Showcase pages but is it possible to add a link to an image on a Showcase page? If so how?

Thanks,

Chris

Tags (2)
6 Replies

Re: Adding Links to Showcase Jpegs

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
You certainly can!

In the image caption area, just enter the URL and it should populate and allow you to click it like a normal weblink, like in the following image.

showcase image links.png

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Explorer | Level 3

Thanks for this but I should have been more clear because I already have tried the solution you're offering.  Actually seeing the url spelled out disrupts the simplicty of the overall design. The best comprimise I've discovered is to write the words "Click on this Link" in the caption and add the url to that. But still, some people still click on the image itself.

What I would like is for viewer to be able to follow the link by clicking on the IMAGE in addition to the url in the caption window.  What's happening is my viewers are instinctively clicking on the image over the caption and all this does is take them to a window that isolates the jpeg.

So again, am I missing something when I ask if there is a way to make the IMAGE the link?

Thanks

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
If that’s the case, then no, this isn’t possible, since the image itself opens up in the Showcase and can’t be used as a way to redirect users to a URL.

Jay

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Explorer | Level 3

Ok, thanks.  But this may be something you'll want to add to your feature list.

Thanks

Tags (1)

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
I’ve forwarded this suggestion to our dev team to see if this is something they can incorporate in future iterations to the Dropbox service!

Jay

Explorer | Level 3

Thanks.  And, again, I think the strongest reason for making this change is that it would respond to what viewers instinctively do, which is, click on the image expecting it to be the actual link.

Thanks again

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Adding Links to Showcase Jpegs
6 Replies
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post