Announcements
The Community is under maintenance currently. We apologize for any disruption to your experience!

yes

All files re-synced this morning and changed to banta files across all devices? can't open anything

New member | Level 2

All files synced this morning for no reason and changed them all to banta files across all devices? can't open anythinScreenshot 2019-08-24 18.42.27.pnggScreenshot 2019-08-24 18.14.55.png

2 Replies

Re: All files re-synced this morning and changed to banta files across all devices? can't open anyth

Super User II

One of the devices linked to your account has picked up a virus. The Phobos ransomware, to be exact.

Re: All files re-synced this morning and changed to banta files across all devices? can't open anyth

Dropboxer

Hey there @VegasA

I just wanted to let you know that I was able to locate your ongoing communication with a member of my team and have passed your comments along to them. 

I can see that they've replied to your support request, so when you have the chance, please check your inbox for their latest message and don't hesitate to get back to them with any further info or questions. 

Thanks in advance!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

All files re-synced this morning and changed to banta files across all devices? can't open anything
2 Replies
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Dropbox Design Research
Looking for Dropbox Paper users

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post