Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

All of a sudden I cannot download shared files

Helpful | Level 5

screenshot dropbox file.jpgThis is what I see when trying  to download a shared folder..it just started about a week ago. I cannot do anything with this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have my own Dropbox as well, and do not even get the option to save there......

6 Replies

Re: All of a sudden I cannot download shared files

Dropboxer

Hey there @sandie1 - sorry to hear you're having issues with downloading files through our website.

At first, as this seems to be caused by your current browser, could you try another one (or clearing your current browser's cache) and let me know if the issue persists?

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

No download button or anything

Explorer | Level 3

I can't figure out why there's no option to download any file or folder, any answer for that?
bandicam 2019-07-25 19-59-18-131.pngWhy can't i download these files?

Re: No download button or anything

Dropboxer

Hey there @KudoRedfox - sorry to hear about this.

I've moved your post under this thread as it seems to be related to the issue the OP is having - could you take a look at my suggestions and let me know if they did the trick for you?

Just FYI, you can transfer and download files from dropbox.com using most modern browsers. However, dropbox.com works best on the two most recent versions of:

Nevertheless, please keep me posted.Thank you. 

PS: You might also want to try an incognito instance of your browser with no extensions or plugins running - this help in some cases. 

Walter

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Helpful | Level 5

I tried opening it in IE, and it worked fine (but I hate IE, lol).  I cleared everything on Chrome, and it still will not work. I am wondering if I should RE download Chrome?? Thanks for your quick response.

Dropboxer

Thanks for the update @sandie1 - much appreciated! 

Have you tried an incognito window with no extensions or plugins running to see if any of them are the culprit?

In addition, when it comes to Chrome, I found a very extensive guide on how to troubleshoot it here:

https://support.google.com/chrome/forum/AAAAP1KN0B0n0GpIjEKBNE/?hl=en&gpf=%23!topic%2Fchrome%2Fn0GpI...

Feel free to take a look there too and please keep me posted!

Walter

Helpful | Level 5

Okay, I uninstalled and REinstalled Chrome, and everything seems to working ok, but still have no clue what happened, lol. Thanks for the help.  Sandie

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

All of a sudden I cannot download shared files
6 Replies
1 Like
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post