Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Highlighted

All recent folders vanished

New member | Level 2

Was attempting to have the same user name folder on my laptop and desktop so that the sound files and charts being used would have the same link and be able to be used seamlessly between the PC's.  It was the desktop that I was making the user file name change on because this PC had not been used in a while and the laptop was being used daily and up to date.  In the process when I opened the trading platform on the laptop all the charts which were being stored in Dropbox had reverted back to July 29th, 2019 with no recent saved versions.  Even though daily changes had been made.  How do I find these more recent versions.  They are not listed under history or under deleted files.  I need to roll it back to yesterday 9/9/2019

2 Replies

Re: All recent folders vanished

Dropboxer

Hello @Emo777

Truly sorry to hear about your trouble. 

Changing the user on your computer, changed the path that Dropbox was installed on and this would result to losing connection/not syncing. If your files were fully synced with the cloud, their version history from yesterday will of course exist and we will help you restore.

We have an amazing restorations team and since the rollback is what you wish to proceed with, I suggest to directly contact them at: www.dropbox.com/support.

I am not able to investigate the account from your Community profile and see the events on our end, but I need to point out, that if the files were not fully saved on the cloud, there will be no history online. slightly frowning face

I hope this is not the case for you, but our restorations team will let you know more. 

Get back to me with the ticket number here and I will make sure to add notes to it and prioritize it. 

Thank you! 

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

Re: All recent folders vanished

Dropboxer

Quick follow up! 

You can try viewing your events on your end once more, after trying the following: 

• An incognito/ private browsing window. 
  • Clear your browsers cache
  • Checking the version history on a specific file. Find the steps here.

Note: No need to restore each files version history. I am only suggesting this for you to search for the newest version. 

Hope this helps you see the version you are looking for and feel safe!

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

All recent folders vanished
2 Replies
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post