Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

no

Allow personal users to change default paper doc privacy

New member | Level 2

I don't want all of my documents to be editable or accessible by anyone with a link by default. I would like a setting to allow me to restrict document access to invited people by default.

2 Replies

Re: Allow personal users to change default paper doc privacy

Dropboxer

Hey there @tygern - sorry for the tardy response and thanks for using Paper!

Firstly note that newly created docs are private by default. Once you begin sharing the doc with others, you have the option of restricting sharing by disabling link access. Doing so means that only people you have invited can access your doc. 

1. Click the blue Invite button at the top of your Paper doc.
  2. Click "Link settings"
  3. Toggle "Who can open this doc" setting to "Only people invited".
  4. Select whether those with the link can edit or only comment by default.
  5. Click the blue Done button.

To learn more about the permissions and how to set them, please visit this Help Center article.  

Having said that, as I understand that this is not exactly what you asked for, I've gone ahead and put your feature request on our list - thank you for this feedback!

Please let me know if you have any other feedback or questions. Oh and happy October! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Re: Allow personal users to change default paper doc privacy

New member | Level 2

+1 for the feature request, people is lazy by default, and then all your documents are public by default as soon as you have the link. I find this feature really important, for me its just a huge security concern all files are public by default.

Also is it possible to have access to the feature request to see the progress or no progress of it?

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Allow personal users to change default paper doc privacy
2 Replies
1 Like
Looking for Dropbox Paper users
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post