cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox tips & tricks

Learn how to get the most out of Dropbox with other users like you.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amanda creates filing structures to access work and personal files with ease

Amanda creates filing structures to access work and personal files with ease

DBXCommunity
Community Manager

44863262_10157402852481756_7251908196028121088_n.jpg

Meet Amanda, who collaborates at work and at home with Dropbox. This is Amanda’s story…

What brought me to Dropbox
I started using Dropbox to share documents at work. I was either emailing documents back and forth (bloated inbox, totally inefficient as a filing system!) or using a shared drive that was only accessible from inside the office or via a VPN.

How I use Dropbox
Being able to share different folders with different people makes it easy to have a home folder where my husband and I keep notes and documents, and to use Dropbox for multiple collaborative projects.

I try to create intelligent filing structures and primarily use Dropbox to share documents. My account syncs to my home computer, work computer and phone. I have a "Print Me" folder so if I need to print something I can just toss a PDF in there and print it when I'm at the office. I also have a "Travel" folder that has copies of any travel itineraries so I can always find my travel documents. Selective sync means my travel documents always sync to my phone, but I don’t keep my whole Dropbox on my phone.

Tips for the community
  • I have a "Miscellany" folder with yearly folders inside it. That means that random stuff that doesn't have a better home at least gets filed chronologically.
  • It's okay to reorganize but be diligent about putting things in folders.

Do you use Dropbox in a similar way? Have questions for Amanda about their workflow? Reply below with your thoughts!

0 Replies 0
Need more support?