Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Highlighted

An UP TO DATE way to sync Dropbox fm one PC to Another

New member | Level 2

I down loaded Dropbox onto a new computer. I expected to automatically sync files from my old PC AS HAS HAPPENED automatically in thd past. Now it apparently no longer does that.

Now when I download DB I get what seems to be a multi function screen. Naturally this is WIN 10. In the past when I changed PCs it was with WIN 7.

When I download DB I also get a 'file' DB shortcut icon, not the simple DB icon that I got bdefore.

I need an up to date and simply explained 'how to' of syncing my DB files. Thank you.

6 Replies

Re: An UP TO DATE way to sync Dropbox fm one PC to Another

Super User II

The process of syncing files has not changed. You install Dropbox, sign-in with your account information and Dropbox will begin syncing your files.

Make sure you're downloading the Dropbox client from the website, and not the app from the Microsoft Store. That app is intended for mobile devices and does not sync the same way as the desktop client.

New member | Level 2

Thanks, Rich.

I deleted the program and reinstalled from the Dropbox site. I even opened DB on my old PC with my DB saved files.

I still don't have syncing. I'm on Windows 10 and I just don't know what else that I'm possibly doing wrong.

Dave

Explorer | Level 3
No solution to my Dropbox problem apparently. Will pursuewith other sources. Thanks anyhow.

Super User II

What does Dropbox say if you mouse over its icon on your status bar?

That usually explains whats wrong

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Explorer | Level 3
It tells me to down load and reinstall. I've done that about six times. That obviously isn't the solution.

Super User II

Can you try and advanced reinstall? https://www.dropbox.com/help/desktop-web/advanced-reinstall

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

An UP TO DATE way to sync Dropbox fm one PC to Another
6 Replies
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post