Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

An image from a shared link isn't displaying correctly anymore, any ideas?

New member | Level 2

I'm using Dropbox to host images for use in an html page/email. I created the share link for the image and adjusted the link to create a preview page (change ?dl=0 to ?raw=1 at the end of the link). It worked fine in testing. I distributed the email in Outlook and while the images did populate, about two hours later I went back to check the already sent email in my inbox and the images no longer populating. They are replaced with question marks. The images are still in dropbox. I didn't change any of the links. What could be my issue?

3 Replies

Re: Images in html

Dropboxer
Hey there @AlyCat1,

Can you let me know if you have any issues or error messages with opening the shared link for the image directly in your browser? I’m wondering if perhaps you’re running into any bandwidth limits for the shared link, you can read a little more about this from our Help Center article here.

Let me know what you find there - Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

New member | Level 2

Hmm... that sounds logical. I didn't recieve a "banned link" error/message though. When I visit the preview link directly (the one in the code of the email), I get an Error 403 message. 

Dropboxer

Can you try clearing your browser cache for me to see if this will do the trick and allow you to view that link? Otherwise, can you try using another browser as well as an incognito/private browsing window to see if that changes the behaviour.

Let me know how it goes - Cheers!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

An image from a shared link isn't displaying correctly anymore, any ideas?
3 Replies
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post