Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

yes

Android App stuck on Finding Photos to Upload

Helpful | Level 5

My Android app (version 166.2.4, updated November 12), on a Galaxy S9+ (Android 9) has been stuck on Finding Photos to Upload for about two weeks now.

I've taken many photos since then, including a long trip to Disney World. I've rebooted the phone, gone on and off airplane mode, checked all the photo upload settings (photo uploads on, can use phone data, battery higher than limit, all photos, no limitations on file size, etc). I've cleared cache, restarted the app itself, and checked for app updates.

But no matter what, no photos will upload for the last two weeks. Any help?

Tags (1)
3 Replies

Re: Android App stuck on Finding Photos to Upload

Dropboxer

Thanks for posting about this @armandopenblade!

I am sure you had an amazing time.Rainbow Happy to help you keep your magic Disney moments safe in your Dropbox account! Unicorn 

Since you have your data tangled on and you have already tried rebooting the app (and your phone I guess ) now I would like us to check a setting of your Dropbox app. 

gear On Android:
- Open the Dropbox app
- Tap the menu
- Tap Settings
- (if applicable) Select the account under which you enabled Camera Uploads
- Under Camera Uploads, tap 'Background Uploading
- Check it is not set to 'Only while phone is charging'

Fun fact, first time my Dropbox account was over quota I was in Disney World! grinning face

If this doesn't help please get back to me. 

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Helpful | Level 5

Yeah, did check through all these settings as well; everything was set pretty much as it always has been (upload using phone data, upload videos without limit, upload so long as battery over 10%, don't worry about charging, etc.).

In the end, I uninstalled the app, reinstalled it, and managed to finally get it uploading again after a little more fiddling. Took a bit to chew through 1500 pictures of the most magical place on earth! slightly smiling face

Dropboxer

fist-bump.png                                                       So happy to hear that!  

See you around in the Community! 

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Android App stuck on Finding Photos to Upload
3 Replies
1 Like
Solved! : See solution
Looking for Dropbox Paper users
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post