Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

yes

Another not enough space question - though I've taken all the steps I can find

New member | Level 2

Hello all,

I've waded through dozens of posts on "not enough space", but nothing is working.  I have a basic account, which says I have 2TB of space.  My account is completely empty - I am using 0.  I was shared a folder that is 40Gb in size.  Should not be a problem.  I have 107Gb free on my hard drive, so syncing shouldn't be a problem.  Still, when I log into my empty 2TB account on line, and try to accept the share, I still get that I don't have enough space.  What have I missed?  Certainly DB isn't expecting me to have 2TB of free space on my hard drive, right?  In a world of SSD's, who even has that?  Can anyone provide a definitive answer on this?  Thank you!!!!!!!!

Tags (1)
3 Replies

Re: Another not enough space question - though I've taken all the steps I can find

Dropboxer

Hello @dierckes - how are you today?

At first, kindly note that our free, Basic plan comes with 2 GB of space - not 2 TB (that's the Plus plan) and as shared folders count towards all members' quota, you won't be able to add it to your account. This has nothing to do with your computer's available space or syncing at all. 

You can verify your account's remaining quota on your account's plan tab:

http://dropbox.com/account/plan

Your best bet is to have the other end share a link to the mentioned folder instead which allows for view and download only access (you won't have edit rights in this case though). 

I hope this clarifies matters and please let me know if you have any follow up questions. 

Rainbow Welcome to the Dropbox Community Rainbow

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Re: Another not enough space question - though I've taken all the steps I can find

New member | Level 2

Thank you.  So, I feel really dumb for missing that!  Sorry to waste peoples' time with a dumb question. 

Dropboxer

Don't event mention that @dierckes - we're always here to help!

And to be honest, we all get those moments; no need to apologize at all nerd face

I'm glad it's sorted now and if you come up with any additional question, feel free to let us know. We're always a post away after all!

Have a lovely week!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Another not enough space question - though I've taken all the steps I can find
3 Replies
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Dropbox Design Research
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post