Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Highlighted

App on iPhone indicates Dropbox is full, but computer shows it is empty. transferring photos only

New member | Level 2
The Dropbox app on my IPhone shows that my Dropbox is full. My computer shows that Dropbox is empty. I use Dropbox only to transfer photos from my iPhone to my photos on my computer. Once my photos are transferred to my computer Dropbox, I transfer the photos to my computer, so the Dropbox is empty and ready for more photos. This has always worked nicely for me, but I don’t know what to do. I’m not a tech savvy person, just enjoy my photos! Help!

2 Replies

Re: App on iPhone indicates Dropbox is full, but computer shows it is empty. transferring photos on

Helpful | Level 5

This is going to sound cliche but have you checked that you have linked the correct account, have a good connection, and have the Dropbox app open?  Also, have you previously synced any files to Dropbox, or just pictures?  If you have previously linked other files you should see them in the Dropbox folder — I take it you see absolutely nothing. 

Re: App on iPhone indicates Dropbox is full, but computer shows it is empty. transferring photos on

Super User

Hey @Photomama1, can you please log in to Dropbox web using a browser and check plans page? https://www.dropbox.com/account/plan See how much space is available or used. It should reflect the actual usage. 

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

App on iPhone indicates Dropbox is full, but computer shows it is empty. transferring photos only
2 Replies
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post