cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

yes

Appearance for users

New member | Level 2

Hi there,

I would like to get a simple look for all my photos. How do I do this? 

Here is a link I want my files and folders to look like, but I am not sure how to do it:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4ssh118oj28q2fw/AAByQGsWa7KdhznXsjSAQV3_a?dl=0

So, I want the users that click on my dropbox link on our website and that the page looks like this, very simple.

Thank you for all tips!

Regards, Christina

6 Replies

Re: Appearance for users

Dropboxer

Hello @AdminChristina - welcome to the Dropbox Community!

I'm not really sure what's not working for you; could you elaborate a tad on what you'd like to accomplish and/or what's troubling you?

Thanks in advance!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

New member | Level 2

Hi Walter,

Well I am trying to figure out how to get a certain look for users when clicking on our link. I would like to get the look as in the first attachement, but I get the look under...how do I do?Skärmavbild 2019-10-09 kl. 11.40.59.pngThis I likeSkärmavbild 2019-10-10 kl. 12.39.54[2] (kopia).pngThis is how it looks, and i want the sections marked with a red x gone.

Dropboxer

Oh, I see now; thanks for the quick response and clarifications Christina!

You don't need to do anything in this case. What you see in your second screenshot is your account's view (looks like you're logged into the account that has generated the shared link in question) - the first one is what any other user accessing the shared link will get.

You can verify this by accessing the link from an incognito window where you're not currently logged into your Dropbox account. 

I hope this clears things up a tad while I'm always a post away if you have any more questions!

Walter

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

New member | Level 2

OK Walter! Great! Thank you....I suspected something like this, but did not know about the incognito mode.... My question has an answer! slightly smiling face

New member | Level 2

Walter, one more question. I am trying to change the blue folder icon in dropbox to an image icon. And it works on the desktop app, but not in web version...do you know why? How do I change it in chrome?

Skärmavbild 2019-10-22 kl. 10.06.36.pngSkärmavbild 2019-10-22 kl. 10.06.36.pngSkärmavbild 2019-10-22 kl. 10.06.52.pngSkärmavbild 2019-10-22 kl. 10.06.52.png

Dropboxer

I'm glad we sorted this out Christina and thanks for keeping me in the loop too!

I'm afraid you won't be able to see custom folder icons on our website at this time; you can feel free to suggest your idea in the relevant section of our Community though: 

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Share-an-idea/ct-p/101002000

Let me know if there's anything else I can help with; I'll be happy to follow up!

Walter

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi there,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Appearance for users
6 Replies
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Looking for Dropbox Paper users
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post