Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

Business account and Bigger Folders don't download to local drive

Level 5

Hi - Please am looking for support here as the Dropbox Support has not helped after a lot of trying.

The problem is i have several large folders with a few thousand Tiff files in them. When I choose to make them Local they download and it looks like they all coming down and then they just stop at around 9GB so instead of getting the example 1000 files i get 500. So today I have tested duplicating the folder and trying with them, no luck, i have tested smaller folders and I get the exact amount of files stored Locally - perfectly working 

With Dropbox support I have reinstalled the desktop app 3 times and now they telling me its a windows 10 error that i must google for a windows problem (this really is not support) either its a limit in Dropbox or its who knows maybe it is a windows error on my laptop. Anyone else find this limitation with big folders?? anyone know what thye windows error could be

Thanks

2 Replies

Re: Business account and Bigger Folders don't download to local drive

Super User II

Daft question, but, how big is the folder? 

Do you have at least twice that amount of hard drive space available?

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Re: Business account and Bigger Folders don't download to local drive

Level 5

Thanks for asking it was 56GB

Since then I tested other large folders and they worked so it is my belief that this specific folder was damaged or did not have all the files properly uploaded

I managed to find the original folder on one of the teams hard drives and uploaded it again and now it appears like everything is working again

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Business account and Bigger Folders don't download to local drive
2 Replies
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post