Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us!

no

Business trial and synching issues

New member | Level 2

I did the Business trial but do not want to buy. The trial has expired and my folders did not revert back to normal. I noticed when scrolling down through the cancel screen it says that if I click cancel, all members will be disbanded and folders deleted. I do not want to cancel Dropbox completely, I just don't want the business upgrade. Also, since we did the business trial, whenever we open a spreadsheet in Excel it creates another tab and it will not update until we close both windows, logout and log back in. Lastly, now every time I open a file it automatically opens in Excel (creating a second tab). We had zero issues prior to the business trial, we are getting frustrated and getting ready to migrate the team to Google Drive. Please help.

1 Reply
Highlighted

Re: Business trial and synching issues

Dropboxer

Hey there @MikeAFCanton - sorry to hear you're having troubles with this.

Based on your description,it seems like your team is currently in "locked state", which limits Dropbox functionality.  This will cause the following:

• Paused file syncing on connected computers
  • You will not be able to create or upload new files or folders
  • Most premium features, such as file requests and invite enforcement, will be disabled
  • Most admin console functionality will be disabled.

You can learn more about the locked state in our Help Center:

https://www.dropbox.com/help/business/locked-state

Team admins have two options available at this point, either purchase Dropbox Business or disband the team and convert all team members to individual accounts.

While the admin is deciding, team members can leave the team if they’d like. 

All of these actions can be taken from this page: www.dropbox.com/team/decide

We usually recommend team admins take action as soon as possible can to preserve the integrity of the original team. 

Let me know if you notice the same issues once you're done with disbanding the team and reverting your account back to an individual one. 

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Business trial and synching issues
1 Reply
0 Likes
Dropbox Design Research
Looking for Dropbox Paper users

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey