Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

Camera Uploads on 2 different phones

Level 2

My husband and I are currently syncing photos in our phones into dropbox automatically .

Is there a way to create two seperate folders, one for him and one for me because it gets so confusing with both our photos in a single "camera upload" folder. Dropbox please help!!

Thank you in advance!

4 Replies

Re: Camera Uploads on 2 different phones

Super User II

No, that's not possible. All devices linked to an account will upload to the same Camera Uploads folder.

You could create two folders and move your photos to your own folder as soon as you're done uploading, leaving the Camera Uploads folder empty until the next upload.

Level 2

As stated above, there is no way to separate uploads from 2 different devices. You will have to manually separate them.

Level 2

NOT SOLVED This is [removed by moderation according to our Community Guidelines] and needs to be changed

What other cloud storage is there that will do this. I need the photos to be seperate

Level 2

I can see where dugony was annoyed and probably left a less than courteous response.  However, I'm certain to have agreed with whatever sentiment he expressed.  I see that no solution has been forthcoming since 2017, probably when the photo sync feature was released.  I'm actually wondering if dropbox employees use dropbox.  Here the solution is to make our lives easier.  No, I don't want to manually move my photos into folders.  No I don't want to store them on a floppy disc and walk them over to dropbox headquarters.  I'm paying for 3 TB of space, and in this world where we have multiple computers, multiple phones, tablets and other devices, how difficult would it actually be allow the user to create a subfolder when loading dropbox on a new device?  Wow.

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Camera Uploads on 2 different phones
4 Replies
3 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post