cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Camera upload from different phones into different folders

Camera upload from different phones into different folders

Bjarne S.
New member | Level 1

Hello,
I have created a new folder "Camera upload Karla" where I want my wifes iPhone to automatically upload photos to.
This seems not to be so easy, as Dropbox on a phone will only upload to "Camera Upload" folder. Is this correct?
How can I make her iPhone upload automatically to the new folder?
Thank you

62 Replies 62

Benjamin G.2
New member | Level 1

This is such a needed feature. It is such a pain to have photos from all devices jumbled together in the same folder! Please, Dropbox, add this feature! As a software engineer, I know it can't be that difficult to add this as a setting in the app!

nick e.10
New member | Level 1

Yes. It doesn't have to be complicated, and by all means keep it a feature only on the paid version - the ability to upload & sync from each of your own devices to separate named folders in your own dropbox account. 

Joe D.33
New member | Level 1

I'll add my voice to this. I NEED this feature!

Ar O.
New member | Level 1

Seriously need this. Paid account feature! Please?

Sue B.20
New member | Level 2

me too. hate the gigantic mega pile of unorganizable photos

Michael W.104
New member | Level 1

Please Dropbox, allow multiple choice where to make camera uploads

Bill J.
Helpful | Level 7

If you don't want to wait for Dropbox to implement this (and that could be a long time), you can get this functionality & lots more with the PhotoSync app, available for iOS & Android

https://photosync-app.com

Jeffrey S.12
New member | Level 1

Yep, voicing my request for multiple folders from multiple devices for Camera Uploads on one Dropbox account!

Bernadette P.
New member | Level 2

I really need this feature!!!! Please add my voice to the chorus!

Alexis G.1
Super User

It's a very important feature. I have a mix of photos in the Camera Upload folder, not easy to organize. Will be good if we can upload to an specific subfolder or just if Dropbox create a folder for each smartphone in the Camera Upload folder.

Need more support?