Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Can I delete Dropbox Paper history?

New member | Level 2

Hello,

I've done something a bit silly: while working at home on a Dropbox Paper file created by my boss, I attempted to paste in a link and instead accidentally pasted in part of a message I'd written to a friend.

I deleted it again instantly, but now it's visible in the edit history of the document.

I've tried to find a way to erase that from the document history but I can't seem to. Does anyone know if you can wipe specific edits from Dropbox Paper history?

(The content isn't damaging per se -- just a little embarrassing to have a chunk of text written the way I speak to my friends visible in a document owned by my boss and coworkers...)

2 Replies

Re: Can I delete Dropbox Paper history?

Dropboxer

Hey there @ninren - sorry to hear about this.

While there's no way to permanently delete edits that already made it to a Paper doc's history, you could roll it back to previous version if you have edit rights; I'm not really sure if this works for your case though.

I wish I had a better answer than this and I remain at your disposal if you have any more questions!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Re: Can I delete Dropbox Paper history?

New member | Level 2

That's all right! Thanks for answering!

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Can I delete Dropbox Paper history?
2 Replies
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post