cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I install Dropbox on NAS?

Can I install Dropbox on NAS?

Giovanni M.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Hi, I have a Dlink DNS 320L with Fonz fun_plug that allow me to install additional app, i want install dropbox in the nas, so i don't need to install on every pc that i have every time i reinstall my windows 😄

Can you help me?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Orla
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi Giovanni, the instructions on the following page should help: https://www.dropbox.com/help/89

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Orla
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi Giovanni, the instructions on the following page should help: https://www.dropbox.com/help/89

Remo L.1
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I think the FR is not for "mounting NAS as DropBox floder, under Windows Client" but rather running the client app on the NAS itself, such that the files are uploading FROM THE NAS with no need for another computer/mobile to push the files to/from the cloud.

clearly, this folder shall be also mounted on the local intranet.. but the NAS should be running the synching agent, not the end unit.

Austin1300GT
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi all. 🙂  I have 1TB DB storage, and have upgraded my machine to an Intel NUC, which is a tiny computer, and has a 256GB SSD in it.  I installed DB hoping to be able to specify a different location for the DB folder, but when I try to point to it, it spits back an error that the drive is a network location - which is correct.

Why can't I have the DB folder on my NAS box?

At the moment, I am kinda stuck, as I can't sync a 1TB DB to a 256GB SSD, as I am sure you would know.....

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

Dropbox only supports internal storage. NAS and other network shares are not supported. There are methods to make it work, but you risk data loss.

Austin1300GT
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Oh, OK then.  Thanks.

Pistolprinsen
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Are you telling me, that the programmers at Dropbox are not even capable of such a simple taks as to make the Dropbox folder located on a network drive?!?

That's both amateur and makes me uncertain if I should stop using Dropbox?!?

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Pistolprinsen New member | Level 2
    Austin1300GT New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
    Remo L.1 New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?