cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I link my adobe Illustrator and InDesign documents to dropbox?

Can I link my adobe Illustrator and InDesign documents to dropbox?

therb
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I'm thinking about purchasing the Buiness dropbox for our small company. We are all Mac based and use the Adobe Creative Cloud programs. Can I link images directly to the online dropbox storage through Indesign and illustrator?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

Practically speaking... no, you can't. At least not in the way you're intending.

You may be able to embed a web image into a document (assuming InDesign supports that, I have no idea), but to do so you'd have to create a Dropbox share link to each and every image you want to link to and then modify the share link so that it results in the raw image.

I suspect the method you're using is intended to link to files local to the document (same computer, network share accessible to the comptuer, external drive, etc.), and not meant for linking files from the web.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi @therb!

If you want to save files directly to your Dropbox from your computer, I’d recommend using the desktop app. Bear in mind, the Dropbox folder is just like any other folder on your computer. 

Once saved there, the files will sync to the website and other connected devices. You can find more info about syncing here

I hope this helped. Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

therb
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

If I save my images that I'm linking to via InDesign on my desktop the links will break when I share my file to others on my team. I'm wondering if I can link directly to the cloud.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

It may be something that is coming in the new Extensions set up, but, no, I dont think you can save directly to the cloud and work on files inside Dropbox on the Adobe Cloud. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

Practically speaking... no, you can't. At least not in the way you're intending.

You may be able to embed a web image into a document (assuming InDesign supports that, I have no idea), but to do so you'd have to create a Dropbox share link to each and every image you want to link to and then modify the share link so that it results in the raw image.

I suspect the method you're using is intended to link to files local to the document (same computer, network share accessible to the comptuer, external drive, etc.), and not meant for linking files from the web.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    Mark Super User II
    therb Explorer | Level 4
    Lusil Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?