Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

Can I see the percentage of my uploads?

Level 4

Where can I look for percent of uploading file in sync? Is it shown anywhere?

Tags (1)
5 Replies

Re: Can I see the percentage of my uploads?

Dropboxer
Hey @anTDT, if you’re using our desktop application, you could check back on progress on your menubar/system tray that will give you an "instant" estimate based on the current upload speed, which can change if you check the value just a few seconds later. 

If you’re using our website, you should see a message reading “Uploading xyzfile.txt - 16 secs left” & the number of files that are left to sync. Last but not least, you should also see a progress bar on our mobile application that will let you know of the upload progress.  

I hope that this answers your question, however I’d happily explain further if you have more inquiries; feel free to ping me back here & I’ll make sure to touch-base with you asap. Thanks! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 4

Hello, Jane! Thanks for you reply.

I understand about using website upload, I see the percent and time left on the website page.

But if I am using the dekspot application to upload files the system tray shows only the speed of the uploading process and nothing else. I dont see the time left or percent or size of done uploading. So it is impossible to understand how much time will it take because it shows only the speed like 100KB/sec or something like this. 

Is there in this system tray I can find how much time has left to upload files?

Thanks!

Super User II

@anTDT - you cant I'm afraid. 

That feature has been removed.

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Level 4

Alright, I got it.

Thanks Mark for you answer. 

Dropboxer

Hey @anTDT, I’m just pinging you back on this matter, since this feature has been re-added in the current Beta Build (73.3.94). I just thought that you’d be interested in reverting to this version instead. Please let me know if you have more questions or thoughts here. Thanks & enjoy the rest of your day! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Can I see the percentage of my uploads?
5 Replies
1 Like
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post