cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: File upload

Can I set notifications for other users to know when I add a file to a shared folder?

davidsp19
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hello - if we are opening a "dataroom" on dropbox for outside users, is there a way for these users to be notified (daily or weekly, perhaps) of the files that have been added to various folders? For example, if one file is added to the hundreds that are initially shared with them, is there a preference or setting that we can set their accounts to that would enable them to be notified about this addition?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks for writing back, @davidsp19

In general, users will get an immediate email notification that they have been invited to a shared folder but not that the folder has been changed (additions, edits, and deletions) on a daily basis. 

However, I understand how important this is for you, so I’d be more than happy to pass your comments along to the dev team for future consideration. 

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @davidsp19, from what I understand, you’re referring to notifications for shared folders, is that right?

If so, currently, there’s no option to set as the sender for users to receive notifications for changes that occur to shared folders. Instead, each user can set up to receive notifications individually in their account for shared content that they are a part of. 

You can find more info regarding desktop and mobile notifications here and email notifications here

I hope this helped to some extent!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

davidsp19
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Thanks, Lusil. It appears like there is just a weekly digest which notifies you about changes to shared folders. Is there any way for a daily setting? 

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks for writing back, @davidsp19

In general, users will get an immediate email notification that they have been invited to a shared folder but not that the folder has been changed (additions, edits, and deletions) on a daily basis. 

However, I understand how important this is for you, so I’d be more than happy to pass your comments along to the dev team for future consideration. 

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

davidsp19
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Understood, thanks Lusil. Much appreciated

Need more support?