cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use dropbox in China?

Can I use dropbox in China?

w. qi
New member | Level 1

1 I hope that I could use Dropbox in China because I used to stay both sides between China and America. It would be inconvenience for me to open and use the links to open my files in Dropbox in China.
2 "Public" folder is an unique function of dropbox, but it is really a pity for that new users has no longer had the benefit. In this case, dropbox doesn't have advantage as compared to other clouds

2 Replies 2

Orla
Dropbox Staff

Hi,
1. Unfortunately the Chinese government has blocked access to the Dropbox website and to most of the Dropbox servers. As this is beyond our control there is currently no solution we can offer for this problem.
2. New Dropbox accounts no longer receive Public folders by default. Instead of Public folder links, check out our more flexible sharing feature that lets you create a link to files or folders anywhere in your Dropbox and control access to them:

https://www.dropbox.com/help/167

niciyou d.
New member | Level 1

Hi, Holly,

I have another opinion of your answer. If DropBox want to resolve it, it must have been resolve years ago. Can you tell us what did you try to resolve it?

Dropbox is blocked by "Great FireWall" (a.k.a GFW) of Chinese government due to some Chinese policy reason. I believe there are many ways to resolve it. OneDrive of Microsoft, Amazon Photo, iCloud of Apple are working in China even so-called "Great Firewall" existing. If you want, you can do it. According to so many years observation, I guess DropBox do not want resolve it.

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community.]

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

niciyou d. New member | Level 1
    Orla Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?