Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

no

Can i use DropBox rewind by upgrading after the problem with the files occured?

New member | Level 2

Hello,

I had a serious problem with all my files today and i want to use the DropBox rewind feature. Right now i have the basic plan. If i upgrade today to the Plus plan, will i be able to restore the files to 1 or 2 days before today?

Tags (1)
4 Replies

Re: Can i use DropBox rewind by upgrading after the problem with the files occured?

Dropboxer

Hi there @dimmeneidis,

Dropbox Rewind is unable to rewind changes outside of your version history.

Additionally, please bear in mind that this is not retroactive. For example, any files that were deleted more than 30 days ago will not be made recoverable by upgrading your subscription that has an extended time period. 

I hope this helps!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Re: Can i use DropBox rewind by upgrading after the problem with the files occured?

New member | Level 2

Thank you for your reply. Do you have any solution of how to recover my files that where affected today? I want them as there was in morning. A virus affected my PC that encrypted all the files and my computer uploaded them into the dropbox.

New member | Level 2

DropBox informs that there is a 30 days history in the basic plan, so that means if i upgrade i can restore my files 1 day before, right? 

Dropboxer

Hey there @dimmeneidis,

While you can upgrade your account to get the Rewind feature, you can follow the steps outlined here to manually reverse this.

Additionally, if you're still having trouble with it, I can send you a ticket to the email address associated with your Community profile so as to have a look at it together.

Let me know how you'd like to proceed!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Can i use DropBox rewind by upgrading after the problem with the files occured?
4 Replies
0 Likes
Looking for Dropbox Paper users
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post