cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can no longer export to Notability

Can no longer export to Notability

jbrizzle
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

With the latest iPad update I appear to have lost the ability to export PDF files to notability, which has been a key element of my workflow. When I start with a PDF file and choose export as I have been doing, what notability now receives is an HTML file, which it can't open. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

arcanadana
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

The workaround, provided by DropBox TS, is 

1) pick a file in DropBox

2) choose Export

3) instread of picking Notability in the upper row, pick Open In... in the lower row

4) once in there, pick Notability. 

Works for me

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey jbrizzle, thanks for posting on our Forum on your exporting-specific inquiry! 

As I’d like to help you reach a resolution as quickly as possible, I’ve made sure to reach out to you via email on my end, so as to send you the most appropriate next steps based on the info I have on my tools. 

Whenever you find some time, please check your inbox for my email & we'll take it from there. Happy Monday! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

@Jane why can that information not be posted here to help other people though? 

It isnt an account specific issue. 

Surly taking things like this to email totally and utterly defeats the whole point of this being a Community Forum as there is no Community in private 1:1 emails.... 😞 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

danigarcia515
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I'm having this issue as well.  Can you post the fix?  I've always been able to export a Note to my Dropbox but, all of a sudden, I can no longer export from my ipads or iphone.  Please help!

arcanadana
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

The workaround, provided by DropBox TS, is 

1) pick a file in DropBox

2) choose Export

3) instread of picking Notability in the upper row, pick Open In... in the lower row

4) once in there, pick Notability. 

Works for me

danigarcia515
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Ah, I misread  I'm having the opposite problem.  When I'm in Notability, I try to export a note into Dropbox and it no longer gives me the option to do so.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@danigarcia515 wrote:

When I'm in Notability...

If you're doing this from within Notability, then you'll need to contact them for support as it's a funciton of their app.

Need more support?