Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us!

no

Highlighted

Can not switch between Instagram accounts when I export photos from my Dropbox account on my iPhone

New member | Level 2

Hi guys,

I export a photo from my Dropox account to Instagram. Everything looks fine, except tha the photo was exported to my private Instagram account, which is not what I want. I want to export the  photo to the Instagram account I administer for work. I can not find a function where I can switch between different Instagram accounts after this Dropbox export maneuvre.  Where can I find it? What have I done wrong? How should I understand this?

These are my steps:

Dropbox > I click selected photo > I click "Export" > I click the Instagram icon  > (Instagram informs that it creates a "link" and that it is transmitted by Airdrop?) > The photo is exported to my private Insta-account. Impossible from this position to chose another Instagram account.

How should I logically think in order to understand? Are there easy ways to get access to all your Insta-accounts while exporting from Dropbox?

I would be very greatful for your answer.

Kind regards Phiephie

5 Replies

Re: Can not switch between Instagram accounts when I export photos from my Dropbox account on my iPh

Dropboxer

Hey there @Phiephie  - sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

I'm not sure I can provide much help on this one as this functionality comes from your mobile's OS itself and not Dropbox. 

Could you check if the account you have connected to Instagram on your iPhone is the one you'd like to export your files to?

Any additional information you think might help our investigation will be much appreciated!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Re: Can not switch between Instagram accounts when I export photos from my Dropbox account on my iPh

New member | Level 2

Hi Walther, 

Thanks for your kind answer.  I have 3 different Instagram accounts on my iPhone 8.

1) My own Instagram - only I can administer

2) The one of my company. I am one of the administrors

3) The account of a hobby assocation. I am one of the administrors

Any generous / surplus ideas of how to elegantly "Publish on other accounts" when I export from Dropbox into Instagram would be appreciated. 

This above problem never occcurs when I - still on my iPhone 8 - share photos from "Photos" (Apple) Instagram. When I create a Instagram post I can select  to publish from one of my 3 above Istagram accounts. It is very intuitive. 

Looking forward to hearing from the community about the export to instagram dilemma. Kind regards

Why can I not choose between Instagram Accounts when I have exported from Dropbox?

New member | Level 2

Hi 

I received this answer from Dropbox:

I'm not sure I can provide much help on this one as this functionality comes from your mobile's OS itself and not Dropbox. 

I have now asked Apple Care. They explain that they have nothing to do with the unsatisfied links between Dropbox and Instagram. I have 3 accounts on Instagram. When I click export a photo from Dropbox to Instagram I want all my 3 accounts to show up. (When I import a photo to Instagram from Photos (Apple) I can choose / switch between 3 accounts.) When I export a photo from Dropbox I have to make up my mind already when I click the Instagram app:
I can change between my different Instagram accounts when I go to Instagram app and select 1 of my 3 accounts > I than exit Instagram and enter Dropbox >  Select file/image > Click Export 
The exported photo will turn up in the Instagram account I decided prior to enter Dropbox and click export.

I can than enter Instagram andd chose another of my Instagram accounts, export a file from Dropbox - and  the photo will then be shared/exported to this other Instagram account.

Question. I want to click export photo from Dropbox and after that chose between my different accounts! I do not want to make up my mind in advance. How do I do that? Why is it not possible? I would be very greatful for an answer that helps me to understand. 
Kind regards

Phiephie

New member | Level 2

Hi Walter,

I received this answer from you:

"I'm not sure I can provide much help on this one as this functionality comes from your mobile's OS itself and not Dropbox."

I have now asked Apple Care who  explain that they have nothing to do with the links between Dropbox and Instagram. I have 3 accounts on Instagram. When I click export a photo from Dropbox to Instagram I want all my 3 accounts to show up. (When I import a photo to Instagram from Photos (Apple) I can choose / switch between 3 accounts.) When I export a photo from Dropbox I have to make up my mind already when I click the Instagram app:
I can change between my different Instagram accounts when I go to Instagram app and select 1 of my 3 accounts > I than exit Instagram and enter Dropbox >  Select file/image > Click Export 
The exported photo will turn up in the Instagram account I decided prior to enter Dropbox and click export.

I can than enter Instagram andd choose another of my Instagram accounts, export a file from Dropbox - and  the photo will then be shared/exported to this other Instagram account.

Question. I want to click export photo from Dropbox and after that chose between my different accounts! I do not want to make up my mind in advance. How do I do that? Why is it not possible? I would be very greatful for an answer that helps me to understand. 
Kind regards

Phiephie

Dropboxer

Thanks for the additional information @Phiephie  - I appreciate you taking the time to circle back here to let me know about these updates. (I've also merged your queries under one thread to keep things neat around our Community)

I'm sorry for the confusion but I was referring to the mobile's functionality to connect different apps to more than one accounts. 

Moving on to your concern now, at this point, I'll have to re-direct you to Instagram's developers to ask for this functionality as the connection of the two apps is going to be handled by them using our API

I'll also let the team about this form my end - thank you for expressing your interest and sincere feedback in this. 

I know that's not what you wanted to hear but I sure hope it helps to some extent Phiephie.

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Can not switch between Instagram accounts when I export photos from my Dropbox account on my iPhone
5 Replies
0 Likes
Dropbox Design Research
Looking for Dropbox Paper users

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post