Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

Can't download Dropbox files to PC AND recent files aren't shown in smartphone app

New member | Level 2

I've stored files in Dropbox from my second PC. Today I went to download them from the Dropbox site to my first pc using my browser (Firefox)  and while I can see them listed within the browser, and can display the contents there, if I select the file and click on "Download", some quick messages flash by in the bottom browser bar and the file doesn't get downloaded. I tried several different file types, same result. 

So I thought I would try downloading them to my phone (Android). Went to the app there and my most recently loaded files DO NOT EVEN APPEAR there. Files I put there a month ago are shown but not ones I've updated in the last week!?  (Older files I can successfully export to the phone.)

What's going on here?

2 Replies

Re: Can't download Dropbox files to PC AND recent files aren't shown in smartphone app

Dropboxer

Hey there @gmw4259  - sorry to hear about this. Could you try clearing your browser's cache, an incognito window and/or even another browser whatsoever? Do you notice the same behavior?

If you're using the desktop app could you also included its status in your next response here?

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Re: Can't download Dropbox files to PC AND recent files aren't shown in smartphone app

New member | Level 2

First I tried all 3 browsers (Firefox, IE, Chrome). No luck though with Chrome I actually got a little box saying something like "Error downloading file" or something similarly generic and unhelpful.

Then after reading various things here I thought, perhaps it was the fact that I was on a VPN that was getting in the way.

When I turned the VPN off and tried again, voila! My files downloaded fine. So now I know.

As for my smartphone, when I tried again later in the day, my recent files were all there. I don't know if I had really overlooked them earlier even though I stared at the list for quite awhile or it fixed itself. In any case, looks like all is well now.

Thanks.

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Can't download Dropbox files to PC AND recent files aren't shown in smartphone app
2 Replies
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post