Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

yes

Highlighted

Can't move my Dropbox folder to another drive (Windows 10)

New member | Level 2

Windows 10 - new SSD in C:  After moving many files (varies but about 115GB), the operation stops with errors (2 different ones).  The last one said that the file already existed in the Dropbox cache.  How do I clear the cache?  Do I want to?  The operation ended but now the sync wants to upload GB's of files (to the master) - I don't want that.  To restart the move I had to delete the new folder.  Lost.

5 Replies

Re: Can't move my Dropbox folder to another drive (Windows 10)

Dropboxer
Hi there @Dr-PC

In general, you can clear your Dropbox folder’s cache as outlined in this article

As per the errors you are seeing though, would it be possible for you to send me a screenshot (without personal info) of them? 

Could you also let me know if they are the same as other users mention in this thread by? 

Thanks in advance! slightly smiling face

PS. You can attach an image in your next reply by selecting one of the following options:Attach image.png

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

New member | Level 2

Thank you, Lusil.  I will clear the cache and retry the move on the computer with selective files.  I am assuming that the clear should only be done on the slave computer, not the main one with all the files.

If I still have an error, I will gather more info for you.

John

Dropboxer

No worries, @Dr-PC! Take as much time as you need, and whenever you have an update, don’t hesitate to give me a shout. winking face

Lusil

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

New member | Level 2

Clearing the cache did the job, thanks!  Since the operation had failed in the middle, I had to remove all traces of Dropbox from the target disk too.

Dropboxer
That’s great, @Dr-PC! Glad to hear that you were able to resolve your concern in the end. 

If you have any other questions in the future, don’t hesitate to get back to us. In the meantime, have a localy day ahead!

Lusil

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Can't move my Dropbox folder to another drive (Windows 10)
5 Replies
1 Like
Solved! : See solution
Looking for Dropbox Paper users
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post