cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't "Send via Transfer"

Can't "Send via Transfer"

TMech
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Help!  I previously sent files by selecting the "Send via transfer" tool when I right click a file.  Then followed the steps and copied the link into an email.

Now the "Send via transfer" option is missing altogether!  How do I re-enable this ASAP?  The files are to large to send any other way.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

TMech
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

We can't check the website version, as my boss doesn't have her pw here... but I resolved the issue.  I'd like your comment though:

It worked when I moved the file into a sub-file - not a main file - on our sharepoint cloud.  I think it might have been a permission for access issue... as IT has to grant permission for  any user to get access to our main files... could that be?  That dropbox didnt have clearance?

Thanks!

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @TMech, thanks for checking in with us. 

At first, could you check if you see the option to Create transfer from the website? 

Could you also send me a screenshot (without any personal info) of what you do see when you right-click on a file or folder in your Dropbox folder?

Keep me posted!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

TMech
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

We can't check the website version, as my boss doesn't have her pw here... but I resolved the issue.  I'd like your comment though:

It worked when I moved the file into a sub-file - not a main file - on our sharepoint cloud.  I think it might have been a permission for access issue... as IT has to grant permission for  any user to get access to our main files... could that be?  That dropbox didnt have clearance?

Thanks!

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Glad to hear that you were able to resolve your concern, @TMech!

Out of curiosity, could you clarify what you mean when you mention that you had to move the file into a sub-file? Was the file outside of the Dropbox folder by any chance?

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

TMech
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

It didn't matter if the file was in or out of the drop box folder, neither worked initially.

Ultimately it was the combination of being OUT of the dropbox folder but not alongside one of our main cloud files that worked.

Thanks for trying,  ~T

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Ah, I see, thanks for letting me know, @TMech:grin:

If anything else comes up, just give us a shout. In the meantime, have a lovely day ahead!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lusil Dropbox Staff
    TMech Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?