Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Can you help me with sharing a folder?

New member | Level 1

Hello Admin,

I'm sharing the folder with many members but i really do not want this member see each others member in the group.

Please show me how to settle the one

thank you

5 Replies

Re: Share Folder

Super User II

That's not possible. Any member of a shared folder will be able to see all the other members. This cannot be changed.

New member | Level 1

I use the exactly with the name called dropbox business by share the products technical data for my customers. Some cases, They are bidding the project and competing together hence better the program give users permission to hidden or showing members depend on they want . But any way, thank you for your feedback, Rich

New member | Level 2

You are using the wrong sharing method, you are using collaboration which means to collaborate between all sharers, you want to use the share a link, to allow them to download content only and not see who else is getting it.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

I have dropbox for business and I want to share a folder with someone using my storage quota and not the person's I am sharing with.  If I make him a team member he sees all my team folders, which I don't want.  Also if I move the folder I want to share with him into the team folder all the other team members will have access to it - as far as I understand.  Just want a simple share using my quota.  Is that possible and how?

Super User II

Just want a simple share using my quota.  Is that possible and how?

Without making them a member of your team, no. A regular shared folder requires that the person accepting it have enough room in their account to hold it.

You can also send them a share link and they can download the files without the need of a Dropbox account.

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Can you help me with sharing a folder?
5 Replies
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution