cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Cannot access Dropbox account via web

Cannot access Dropbox account via web

iam4uk
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am attempting to access my Dropbox account. I have tried Edge, Firefox, Chrome, and Vivaldi, and all give me the same message after accepting my correct login credentials:  
"Oh hello. Sorry for this little hiccup."

Similarly, when I try to bypass the main screen and go straight to dropbox.com/account, I am greeted by an Error (500). 

On the same computer, I can see my files and folders in the Windows 10 Dropbox app, but I must access via the Web to update the Account setting I want to update. 

How do I get past this problem, which only started today?

20 Replies 20

iam4uk
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thanks, Lusll. Tried all that before asking this question. None of it makes a difference.

I did just have a momentary, temporary success...but then the error returned. I got to the main page when trying to get back to this forum, and it showed normally...but clicking anywhere eradicated that screen and the "hiccup" screen returned. I entered the support url directly to get back to the "Community" forum here.

One data point that may or may not be of interest:  This computer recently updated to Windows 10 version 1903.

dmacleo
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

yeah.....nice try.

been there.

chrome, firefox, waterfox (my main browser) edge and IE all tried.

guess what...

fails.

same issue.

if generic ansers like this are the goto answers just not gonna bother reporting anything cause thats huge waste of my time.

MadOverlord
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Also getting this. Have tried killing cookies and logging in again. No joy.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey again peeps, thanks for raising this. 

I’ve relayed your comments to our engineers and they are working on this. I’ll make sure to let you know of an update as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance for your patience!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

dmacleo
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
thank you

Mark m.107
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Same here - also getting a "Failed to load modal" when trying to update the billing info.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey everyone, thank you all for your reports!

The issue at hand should now be fixed and working as normal. 

You can also verify this from our System Status page

If anyone is still having issues though, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with our Support team and they’ll do their best to assist you. 

Thank you for your diligence!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

andrea_2004
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hey! I was about to go to dropbox.com but when I press enter there is no site where in i can log in.. its just blank.. I hope you can resolve this quickly.. Thank u!

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey there @andrea_2004

Are you not able to login through the website here?

You can also try clicking on the Dropbox icon that’s on the top left-corner of this page to see if you’re able to navigate to your account. 

If not, could you please send me a screenshot (without any personal info) of what you’re seeing when you try to login?

Let me know what you find!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

andrea_2004
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hey! I saw the email you send two days ago and it worked I can log in but... I cannot go to the site where in I can see my downladed files.. I hope you can fix this problem because its been like this for almost two weeks. 

Thank u!

Need more support?