Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

Cannot download a file to my phone

New member | Level 2

Dropbox will not allow me to download a file to my local drive on my cell  phone.  I am wanting to text the file to someone but am unable to send it due to dropbox.  I am NOT impressed with Dropbox and am considering getting rid of it.  I want control back of my files and what I can and can't do with them!

1 Reply

Re: Dropbox is Intrusive

Dropboxer

Hey there @Anonymous62, sorry to hear you feel this way.

Now, in regards to your concern, as the mobile app is not storing the files locally within your mobile device as we try to be mindful of resource constraints mobile devices face such as device storage or bandwidth limitations.

Given this, the contents of your Dropbox will not take up space on your mobile device. It also means that you cannot preview files without a WiFi or data connection.

Should you need to have offline access to a file you can either make it available for offline use or export it to another app or your SD (assuming that you're using an Android device).

The following Help Center article should help:

https://help.dropbox.com/mobile/access-files-offline 

You can also export a file to your external SD card by following these steps:

• Tap the Quick Action button to the right of the filename
  • Scroll down and tap “Export”
  • Tap “Save to device”
  • Select your external SD card* [If you do not see your external SD card listed, while you are in the “Save to” menu (after tapping “Save to device”), tap “Menu” then “Settings” and then select “Display advanced devices”. You will then see your external SD card show up as an export location.]

I hope this information helps and please let me know if you have any questions.

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Cannot download a file to my phone
1 Reply
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post