cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot upload files on Slack

Cannot upload files on Slack

nikitaudhwani
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Since I recently upgraded to Dropbox for Business, I can no longer upload files on Slack. I have enabled the Dropbox integration on Slack a while ago. On the Slack desktop app, it recognises Dropbox and allows me to identify the file I want to share. But when I click on the file, I get an error message Screenshot 2019-04-12 at 15.12.22.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @nikitaudhwani, thanks for posting your query on the Community. 

Due to account-specific info that’d be necessary so as to have a more in-depth investigation of the matter, I’d recommend we move this discussion to email. As such, I was able to locate your ongoing communication with a member of my team. 

I’ve passed your comments along to them and can see that they replied to you. Please check your inbox for their latest message and don’t hesitate to get back to them with any further queries regarding this via email. 

Thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @nikitaudhwani, thanks for posting your query on the Community. 

Due to account-specific info that’d be necessary so as to have a more in-depth investigation of the matter, I’d recommend we move this discussion to email. As such, I was able to locate your ongoing communication with a member of my team. 

I’ve passed your comments along to them and can see that they replied to you. Please check your inbox for their latest message and don’t hesitate to get back to them with any further queries regarding this via email. 

Thanks!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

nikitaudhwani
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi Lusil,

Initially, I contacted the Support desk and was told to post my question here (see screenshot email response). I'll follow up via email as you have suggested.

[personal information removed]

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
No worries @nikitaudhwani, I’ll leave this thread open as well in case any like-minded users have any suggestions as well. :grin:

Let us know how it goes! 

PS. I also went ahead and removed the screenshot attached for security and privacy purposes. 

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

jeremiahpyron
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have this same issue after upgrading to Dropbox Business.  What's the best way to resolve?  Thanks.

jsydnor
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Same issue here. Can you please post a solution on the thread so we dont have to go hunting for an answer. Thank you. 

nikitaudhwani
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

They haven't figured out a solution, that's why there is no answer here. Slack and Dropbox keep giving us the run-around by pointing fingers at each other. Bottom line, these two apps don't have an integration

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

nikitaudhwani New member | Level 2
    jsydnor New member | Level 2
    jeremiahpyron New member | Level 2
    Lusil Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?