Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Highlighted

Conflicted copies when using iOS Numbers

Explorer | Level 3

I am using Numbers in iOS, but storing the documents in a DropBox folder. When I work with a Numbers document either close the document or switch apps, I receive a message to say the file was deleted on another device, and then I discover several conflicted versions of the document have been created.

This appears to be the same issue found on this linked post, though they were using Pages rather than numbers.

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Error-messages/Conflicted-copies-while-using-pages-in-iOS/td-p/26300...

5 Replies

Re: Conflicted copies when using iOS Numbers

Dropboxer

Hey there @inckblog - sorry to hear you're getting conflicted copies of your files when working with iOS's Numbers app. 

Do you happen to work on those files from a shared folder that others (or even a connected device of yours) might be accessing at the same time? 

Just to make sure we're on the same page now, can you guide me through the exact steps you take to result in this?

While we're at it, can you ensure that you're using the most recent version of your mobile device's OS, our mobile app's and Numbers app's as well? 

Last but not least, could you check a sample file's version history and let me know what you find in regards to the edits you (or even others if this is a shared folder) you've been making so far?

Thank you in advance and happy Monday!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Explorer | Level 3

Hi Walter,

This is happening on a shared folder, but it happens even when I am the only one accessing it. I have it only shared with another account to which I am also the owner, so I know this happens when I am accessing it from my iPad and there is no one else connected.

I am up to date on iOS and the DropBox app. 

Dropboxer

Thanks for the additional information @inckblog - much appreciated.

Would it be OK with you if I reached out to the email address that's associated with your Community's profile so we can have a further look into this?

Walter

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Explorer | Level 3
Of course

Dropboxer

I just sent you a brief email @inckblog.

At your earliest convenience, take a look at your inbox and we'll take it from there.

Thanks so much for your cooperation and patience while we look into this. 

Walter

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Conflicted copies when using iOS Numbers
5 Replies
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post