Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us!

no

Highlighted

Conflicted copy but from someone else?

New member | Level 2

I have used a long time now looking up conflicted copys. But there is a thing here i dont understand, and i hoped you guys might be able to help.

We are 4 here at work that uses dropbox all the time.  First of all if anyone have any idea how to stop random conflicted copys from be made all the time, that would be great.

BUT! the thing i dont understand is how let's say X makes a file, Y then opens it the next day and edits in it. The day after that is there a A's conflicted copy He did not even open the file, and the fun part here is when you look in details it says that B have the last save on that file. 

Can someone please help me understand it, and maybe come with some ideas on how to make sure there are no ramdom conflicted copys.

2 Replies

Re: Conflicted copy but from someone else?

Dropboxer

Hello @RichardBrown

Thanks for posting your first thread with us. 

There are three reasons conflicted copies can be created and a fix to avoid them!

It's all detailed here: https://help.dropbox.com/files-folders/share/conflicted-copy

I will be here to answer any further concerns or questions you might have.  nerd face

Thanks! 

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

Re: Conflicted copy but from someone else?

New member | Level 2

@Fiona im glad for you taking your time to answer, but i somehow feel like you have not read my problem. I get how conflicted copys are made, i just dont understand why they do it random, and why someone else gets "blamed" as in have the last save on the conflicted copy, even tho noone have been into the conflicted file.

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Conflicted copy but from someone else?
2 Replies
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post