Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

Confused re deleting and restoring files on Dropbox website - HELP!

Explorer | Level 3

Earlier I deleted about 900+ photos, emptying folders and deleting them also. Later, I accidentally restored those pictures and folders. How do I re-delete them?

3 Replies

Re: Confused re deleting and restoring files on Dropbox website - HELP!

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hi Beth, if the files have been restored, you can just delete them from the website again like when they were originally deleted.

Currently it’s only possible to recover deleted files from the Dropbox site, and not delete those restored files.

Hope this clarifies matters!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Explorer | Level 3

I am deleting all the pictures that I do not need, which should be about 1-2 thousand pics.  Will that free up some space to add more pics?

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Assuming each image is approximately 1 MB each (and this can vary wildly depending on the size and quality of the image), this could be from 1 GB to 2 GB of space freed up.

This is only a guess at how much you’re going to earn when the images are deleted, since no two images are alike, but it will definitely free up some space on your account.

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Confused re deleting and restoring files on Dropbox website - HELP!
3 Replies
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post