Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

yes

Highlighted

Creating links to photos in Dropbox to place in Excel spreadsheet

New member | Level 2

I have an Excel spreadsheet that lists all of our products. For each item I am trying to include a link to a photo in my Dropbox Public folder. I right-clicked each photo and copied the public link to the Excel document. LInks work when I try to open them but the person I sent it to cannot open the links. Keeps getting error message. How can I do this so it works? I have read some other responses to a similar issue but for some reason I am not getting it. Please help. Thank you.

Tags (1)
1 Reply

Re: Creating links to photos in Dropbox to place in Excel spreadsheet

Super User II
What is the error message?

Note as well that the public folder no longer works. You will need to manually get a Shared link for each file now: www.dropbox.com/help/167

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Creating links to photos in Dropbox to place in Excel spreadsheet
1 Reply
1 Like
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post