cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

no

Deleted and then restored - can't find files - except-Not Added yet

New member | Level 2

About a week ago, I was on my Samsung Note 5, I was trying to move my camera pictures to my Dropbox to then send to print. I did a huge selection in Gallery and shared via my Dropbox. Because the files took forever to upload on my phone, I aborted the process, but apparently some of the files still uploaded to my Dropbox. My Dropbox Basic became full (3.5 GB), so I started to delete and apparently I deleted an important folder with lots of important files. I didn't realize this until the next day. I did a restore on the multiple deleted files and the folder returned but the files/contents didn't return. 

When I do a search in the search bar for the files - they still appear in the search results in the old folder but it says  - Not added yet. 

Can someone please let me know how to add these back? Where are they located?

I tried to go into the events and then restore the files, but I tried to view the files from the day that they were deleted but I can not find them. 

Please help as this has vital information that needs to be restored. 

9 Replies

Re: Deleted and then restored - can't find files - except-Not Added yet

Super User II
Do you have enough quota to restore them ?

www.dropbox.com/account is a good place to check

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

New member | Level 2

i have recently went into my Windows Explorer and deleted the photos that I was causing me to go over my qutoa from Dropbox.com so I have ample room now. I just don't know where to find the files and how to restore them. 

I am still awaiting a resolution. 

Super User II
Have you checked the quota though online?

And you may want to try and redo the restore, or, log a ticket via http://bit.ly/cm-support. Replies will take a few days, longer if you are free, and can be tracked at http://dropbox.zendesk.com

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

New member | Level 2
Yes. I looked at the quota on dropbox.com , on my phone app, and in Windows Explorer and they are all the same - all well below the quota threshold.

Super User II
You need to do as I suggested then and log a ticket or try and recover again.

New member | Level 2

i just don't know why I'm still seeing them, in the file folder if they are permantely deleted (I want them to be restored). I just don't know where to find them so that I can restore them. I have tried following the steps of restoring events but I can't find the files.

Super User II

Hang on. You've never mentioned before that they are permanently deleted. That makes a HUGE difference.

If they are PERMANENTLY deleted then the clue is in the name - they are removed and unrecoverable as they are permanently deleted. Regardless of who you ask it is not possible to restore those files now.

can't view my restored files

New member | Level 2

Hello, I followed the instructions to restore some deleted files, but now when I search dropbox the files don't show up.

Please advise, thank you so much

Tags (1)
Highlighted

Re: can't view my restored files

Dropboxer

Thanks for reaching out to us here @labswift!

To check that the files were correctly restored in your account, can you please check the restoration is showing in your Events page?

Do you still see the files showing within your Deleted files page?

Let me know what you find and we can take it from there - thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Deleted and then restored - can't find files - except-Not Added yet
9 Replies
0 Likes
Looking for Dropbox Paper users
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey