My desktop app has been stuck indexing for well over 24 hours at this point. It states that it is Indexing 1 File, Syncing 56 files, and Downloading 106 files. The files that need to sync and download are changes my team has made since it began indexing and got locked up. I have tried unlinking and relinking, restarting my computer, restarting dropbox, looking for bad file names, and many other troubleshooting techniques many times. This is absolutely unreasonable at this point. I am on Mac OS Mojave v 10.14.6... if anyone has any ideas, I'm desperate.
Solved! Go to solution.
Thanks for responding!
At least running "fix permissions" did something. It managed to get it to re-index all of the files in my dropbox then get stuck on 1 again... Any other ideas?
Attempted this, I am not very good at programming so I am unsure if it affected anything, it returned no feedback as to working. I'm not sure I even ran the commands correctly. Dropbox's status is unchanged...
That's good - missing messages. If there are - errors could be expected. Did you try restart Dropbox? If this don't helps... I will let somebody else... could have some more ideas.
Tried linking and unlinking, restarting dropbox, restarting my computer... I'm at a loss too, thanks for trying though
Possibly really really simple.... but do you know which file it is (either via the app telling you its name, or, its showing the blue spinning icon over it)?
If so move it out of Dropbox. Wait for Dropbox to then sync to a green tick and re-add it. That always works here.
Another thing to look at www.dropbox.com/bad_files_check
- - - -
Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below.
Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible!
@Mark unfortunately there were so many files showing as "uploading" it was impossible to tell which file was the issue. Also no obvious bad file cues to indicate the issue.
THE GOOD NEWS: I was able to fix it. Not sure if this is the optimal solution but it worked and has me working again. I took all of the files that showed as "syncing" onto my local harddrive as a backup and had my business administrator delete my account. We then restored the account which seems to have reset the syncing queue allowing it to fully resync, then slowly uploaded the files that I backed up to my computer. It is now fully synced and not indexing. No files caused the indexing so I have no idea.
Barely a solution but at least it's fixed.
If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.
For more info on available support options, see this article.
If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!
Solved! : See solution