cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Direct download link isn't working on mobile

Direct download link isn't working on mobile

AVP
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

All my Dropbox direct download links (ending in dl=1) won't automatically open/download on mobile any more. It was working yesterday but today, any of the links I test take me to the screen below. It used to start playing the audio clip from that screen.

Here is an example link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zsfyc5tulg13630/AVP81355.mp3?dl=1

What changed? Your help would be greatly appreciated!

IMG_6200.PNG

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

AVP
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Thanks for confirming @Sanchez, I have now submitted a support ticket. Will update the post if there is a resolution.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Sanchez
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @AVP, welcome to our forum! 

Sorry for the tardy reply. Are you still experiencing this issue? I have just tested changing the dl=0 to a dl=1, in different browsers, and everything has gone to direct download just fine. 

If you’re still getting the same result, can you try using a different browser and see how it works out? 

Let me know when you can. 
Thanks!

Sanchez
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: What do you think about the Community? Fill out our survey here!

AVP
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Thanks for your reply @Sanchez however the issue only occurs on mobile phones. To make it easier for you to test on your phone, here is a QR code of the link, scan it with the dl=1 and let me know if you get a different screen than the one I had above. It use to automatically play the recording.

Dropbox test.png

This process is part of my business and I have all my customers experiencing the same issue! I send them a QR code with a file they can download/listen to. They have all downloaded several different QR code readers and have tried multiple browsers on various phones. This change happened overnight!

I have since found that raw=1 works fine butit does not solve the issue for all the links I've shared with dl=1!

Please help! Thank you!

Sanchez
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @AVP

Thanks for the great example! I have just used Lightning QR to scan the code. I got the options to Copy content or Open link. When I open the link, it is shown in the Dropbox app, and I have the option to Open with or Save to my Dropbox.  

I never saw anything like your screenshot. I must note that when I opened the link, it opened with my Dropbox app. 

Are the links you’re using older, perhaps created with the use of the Public folder? 
Let me know!

Sanchez
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: What do you think about the Community? Fill out our survey here!

AVP
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Thank you @Sanchez!

That is interesting! I think that narrows the issue down to just an iOS one. I don't have an Andriod phone and was not able to test it.

But I still need a solution for iPhones. It was working a few days ago, what could have changed that would stop rendering on an iPhone?

The files are not an old ones and were not created within the Public folder.

I really appreciate your help!

Sanchez
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
@AVP, sorry about that… I completely missed that your screenie was from an iPhone 😕 

I have just replicated your issue with an iPhone, using two different bar code readers, and I got the same result you did. The blank screen was preceded by: 
Error
Plug-in handled load

I tried Safari and Chrome on the iPhone, and both failed with the same link. 

Indeed, it does seem like an OS issue. I have done a quick search online for this error message, and see that iPhone users have been seen this for years, with various apps and media file types. QR codes were mentioned a couple of times too. 

I don’t think that our guys can do anything about this, but if you’d like, go ahead and submit a support ticket here, so one of our agents can forward your case to our devs, just so they’re aware.  

Thanks! 

Sanchez
dropbox.com/support

AVP
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Thanks for confirming @Sanchez, I have now submitted a support ticket. Will update the post if there is a resolution.

Sanchez
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi @AVP

Would you mind taking a minute of your time to fill out a survey sharing your experience using our Dropbox Community? You can access the survey here: http://bit.ly/2lNKIxT

Thank you!

Sanchez
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?