Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

Does upgrading allow a search for deleted files greater than 30 days?

New member | Level 2

Specifically, if the files were created and deleted under the basic account more than 30 days, but less than 120 days ago.

Can I get them back if I upgrade to Pro or Business or is the whole version history lost after 30 days.

Thanks

1 Reply

Re: Does upgrading allow a search for deleted files greater than 30 days?

Dropboxer

Hey there @s1mon1 - how are you today?

If the files you mentioned were deleted more than 30 days ago while you were on the free, Basic plan, then no; these files won't be recoverable even if you upgrade at this point as your account's version history is not retroactive - the history of the revisions starts from the date of the purchase of the plan that offers the extended version history period (120 days). Any files that were deleted more than 30 days ago will not be made recoverable with the purchase of a Professional or Business plan.

I hope this helps clarify matters and I remain at your disposal should you have any more questions.

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Does upgrading allow a search for deleted files greater than 30 days?
1 Reply
1 Like
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post