Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

yes

Highlighted

Don't know how to use the Professional Dropbox I am paying for.

New member | Level 2

we have subscribe to professional service and have not been able to get help to work it out i pay a few thousand dollars for this and cant use it. one of the main problems is when we get a link for someone to upload their photos they get access to everyone elses files and that cant happen with our files.

1 Reply

Re: paying for professional service not knowing how to use it wasting my money

Dropboxer
Hi there, @Ashwins.

At first, it sounds like you’re sending a shared link or a shared folder, which gives users access to the contents. 

Please bear in mind though that a shared link is view-only, and a shared folder can be with view-only or edit rights, depending on what you have set. You can find more info on how to change shared folder permissions here

From what I understand though, you’d like to have users upload to your account, without giving access to the folder, is that correct? In that case, I’d kindly recommend checking out file requests, which would allow you to collect and receive files from anyone (with or without an account). 

If I’ve misunderstood what you’re trying to accomplish or if you have any other questions, don’t hesitate to get back to me. Cheers! upside-down face

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Don't know how to use the Professional Dropbox I am paying for.
1 Reply
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Looking for Dropbox Paper users
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post