cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloading a very large 4K video file shared with me

Downloading a very large 4K video file shared with me

Tony_Shedlight
New member | Level 2

Hi Dropbox forum!

I have had a very large amount of 4K footage (over 100gb) shared with me from a pro user. I am trying to download this footage.

I have tried using the browser to download each clip. One such clip is 80gb in size. But it gets about 75% thru and then I get 'failed - network disconnected'. 

Looking on the forum it looks like I may be able to use the desktop app to download the files. I have installed it on my iMac. So now how do I download the files from the app? 

The sender shared a link with me to the footage via messages.

Thanks!

1 Reply 1

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Tony_Shedlight, thanks for posting in the Community!

Currently, the maximum limit for downloading files via the site is 20 GB. The Dropbox desktop application can be used to download files, but only if they are in your own Dropbox account, since they will sync down to your machine.

If you don’t have the quota on your account for the file to be added directly to your account, which you can do on the shared link page, then it can’t be done this way.

A Basic account, with 2 GB of quota, won’t be able to add a shared link with 80 GB of files in there.

I hope this helps to clarify matters!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?