Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us!

yes

Downloading folders using Android app

New member | Level 2

I have folders full of JPGs in Dropbox. Want to download them to a tablet, but I get no download option for folders on the tablet - just Copy, Move, Rename. If I select an individual JPG instead of a folder, I get the Export/Save-to-Device option. I painstakingly sorted these images into separate folders, however. Is there no way to download the folders?

Tags (1)
2 Replies

Re: Downloading folders using Android app

Dropboxer

Hey there @7catsbarking - welcome to our Community!

Unfortunately, it’s not currently possible to export an entire folder from the Dropbox Android app.

You can, however, export multiple files or make them available offline. Making files available offline allows them to be viewed offline and any changes made to these files while you are offline will be synced back to your Dropbox folder once your device is connected to WiFi.

You can make files available offline by doing the following:
1. Long press a file to enter multiselect mode (checkboxes will appear next to each filename)
2. Check the files you want to make available offline
3. On the top-right of the screen, tap the icon that looks like a device with a down arrow inside of it.
4. You can view these files by pressing the menu button on the top-left of the screen and tapping “Offline files”.

If you’d like to export the selected files, tap the three dots on the top-right and select “Save to device”. Note that it is not currently possible to export multiple files into other apps.

Alternatively, you could navigate to your account on our website, request the desktop version of the site (that's a browser's function) and download them from there as you'd normally would from our website. 

I hope this information helps and feel free to reach out if you have any other questions.

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Re: Downloading folders using Android app

New member | Level 2

Thanks. I wrongly assumed the app would have more/better functionality than the browser, not less. I have completed the download using a browser, so the problem is fixed (and the app deleted)!

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Downloading folders using Android app
2 Replies
1 Like
Solved! : See solution
Dropbox Design Research
Looking for Dropbox Paper users

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post