cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloading from shared folders

Downloading from shared folders

Djenn
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I need to download all files from a folder someone shared with me, but instructions I've found online mention hovering over files and clicking a checkmark, which is not appearing. I've also seen reference to downloading all as a ZIP file, but this option doesn't appear either. The only option seems to be clicking each file to open it and download it from there, but there are too many files to download each separately. Is there any other way to achieve this download?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Elixir
Super User
Go to solution

Hey @Djenn, I assume that you have received a read-only shared link of a folder. In that case you should see a Download button on the top right corner of your browser. 

Screen Shot 2018-05-26 at 7.11.51 PM.png

If you do not see this option, I would sugges you try opening the link on a different browser (even better if you use incognito/private browsing mode with extentions disabled). 

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Elixir
Super User
Go to solution

Hey @Djenn, I assume that you have received a read-only shared link of a folder. In that case you should see a Download button on the top right corner of your browser. 

Screen Shot 2018-05-26 at 7.11.51 PM.png

If you do not see this option, I would sugges you try opening the link on a different browser (even better if you use incognito/private browsing mode with extentions disabled). 

Djenn
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Fantastic, thank you - the change of browser did the trick. I'd assumed the latest version of Chrome would be ok, but perhaps it was a network issue here. Either way: solved - thanks again 🙂

bana1124
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

In dropbox.com, you can check mark the box next to name (at the top) to select all files, and then a blue download button will appear on the right hand side.

Clarabelle
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I did click the Download button but it did not ask me where I wand the files downloaded and I can't find them on my PC.

I use Chrome browser.

bana1124
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Do you have Chrome setup to ask you where to save or to automatically go to the download folder? On the top of the Chrome Browswer, click on the 3 dot button and click downloads. See if the zip file or files is there. 

Clarabelle
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Well, I found the answer...I used Internet Explorer instead and it downloaded a .zip file.

Thank you.

bana1124
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Glad you got it to work.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

bana1124 Helpful | Level 5
    Clarabelle New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?