Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Downloading from the website is very slow and fails before completing, what can I do?

Explorer | Level 4

All of a sudden today I can not complete any download from Dropbox from my own accounts, I have 2 seperate Paid Plus accounts and niether one will let me finish a download.

I have tried using Firefox (which always works), Chrome and IE and none work, The download will get to anywhere from 14mb to 900mb's and then stop and fail.

Any help would be great. Thanks

45 Replies

Re: No Folders/Files will download completely

Dropboxer
Hey there @Jsand01,

Can you please try using an incognito/private window just to see if there are any browser extensions that may be affecting the downloads? Additionally, if you can try clearing your browser cache and see if this helps with the issue.

Also, please let me know the size of the file that you are trying to download via the browser.

Let me know what you find - Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

Explorer | Level 4

Just cleared all history and Cache and tried to download a file in a Private window and it still stopped. Some of these files are anywhere from 4gb to 8.5gb. Thanks

Dropboxer
Hey again @Jsand01,

To have a further look into this with you, I’d like to take our discussion over to our Support channel. Would you mind if I reach out to the email address associated with your Community profile? 

Let me know - Thanks!

Daphne

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Explorer | Level 4

That's fine. thanks

Dropboxer
I’ve reached out to your email address @Jsand01, please check your email inbox at your earliest convenience.

Please let me know in reply to the email that you received it - Thanks! 

Daphne

Highlighted

Cannot download files on Windows 10 PC

Explorer | Level 4

Hi there, 

Summary:

I seem to be having a serious issue downloading files on my PC. I can download them on my phone but when I try my PC, it gets stuck. 

1. I have the Dropbox windows store app installed. It's usually pretty easy to download through it which is why I use all the time. Over the last day, when I try to download through it, it gets stuck. I have unistalled and reinstalled it but the issue persits. 

2. I tried using Edge and it got stuck as well. Eventually tried chrome which also got stuck however, I have managed to download a small file by constantly resuming the failed upload. It took almost 30 mins to download a 50 MB file. I am currently trying to download a 1GB file and it keeps telling me 7 days! 

3. I have no problem downloading other things off my browser, the windows store etc. I can also easily upload files to dropbox

As I said earlier, I have no problem downloading on my phone and it uses the same WiFi network as my PC. Is this a problem others are experiencing or could there be a problem with my PC? Please, any help will be much appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Cannot download files on Windows 10 PC

New member | Level 2

I have same problem with download , constant breaking  up - resuming,  download speed goes around 1.2 mbs (i have 50mb/s) everything was great few hours ago, download 5mb/s

now... so bad.

Explorer | Level 3

I assume, by downloading,  you are doing so through your dropbox app. Maybe you can try to actually download the file from Dropbox web portal.

New member | Level 2

I try both, same issue

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Downloading from the website is very slow and fails before completing, what can I do?
45 Replies
7 Likes
Solved! : See solution