Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Highlighted

Drag and drop multiple files from my Dropbox Account using web browser

New member | Level 2

Hi, i opened my Dropbox account from another laptop through a web browser because my laptop was at home and i wanted to get some files like music and photos but there is no drag and drop option and no multiple selection of files. it needs to be downloaded one by one to the laptop or PC where you opened your Dropbox account. You could only use drag and drop and multiple files selection where your Dropbox is installed

5 Replies

Re: Drag and drop multiple files from my Dropbox Account using web browser

Community Manager
Community Manager

HI Bernard

You can select multiple files on web using the SHIFT key. Once you select all that you want, you will see the option 'Download' on the top of the page. Same for drag and drop. Which browser are you using?

Ed G
Community Manager @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

New member | Level 2

Hi Ed, thank you for your concerned, i've tried shift key but it's not working, it's only opening again the folder or the file that i click using shift key. i can't also use drag and drop. i am using Google chrome. i can use shift key, control key and drag and drop on my laptop where my dropbox account is installed using windows file explorer but not in the web browser. is there anything more i should do? Otherwise, i want to suggest this to dropbox if they don't have this option.

New member | Level 2

i just noticed maybe you are trying to say "UPLOAD" file "to" Dropbox but not "Download" files "from" Dropbox. and yes, dropbox has this option of selecting multiple files and drag and drop files from PC to Dropbox.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Bernard

Selecting multiple files should be doable on web too. Have a look at this https://www.dropbox.com/en/help/315

Strange the shift key is not working on your settings. Is it behaving the same on different browsers?

Ed G
Community Manager @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

New member | Level 2

Hi Ed, awesome! all is good now. thanks so much! i followed below as per help 315. i selected multiple files by clicking on the right end of files not on the file itself otherwise it will open the file as preview.
1 .Click on the file row to the right of the file's name to select it. (Clicking on the file name or icon will open the file as a preview.)

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Drag and drop multiple files from my Dropbox Account using web browser
5 Replies
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post