Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

DropBox not properly syncing to my PC

New member | Level 2

What is going on?? I receive files from clients for my business every day. I NEED this to work!!! HELP!

Dropbox Sync Error.png

4 Replies

Re: DropBox not properly syncing to my PC

Dropboxer
Hey @jonnylipsham, thanks for the screenshot, definitely puts us one step ahead of troubleshooting. 

Hmm. thinking face Could you first check if you have the latest stable version installed (70.4.93)? Please remember that a beta version can be recognized by a xx.3.xx, instead of the xx.4.xx. So, if youre on a beta build, it means that you have opted in to Early Releases in your online account settings.

Let me know of any updates!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

New member | Level 2

it is the latest public release.  I think I may have stumbled on the problem. One of my clients has sent me files with colons in them. They were causing a syncing "bottleneck". It would be nice if such files would send me a notification but not cause a syncing queue to build up preventing Dropbox from syncing at all, preventing correctly named files through. 

Dropboxer
Thanks for writing back, @jonnylipsham

In general, sync may not work on your computer device if files include any of these characters. In this case, the easiest solution is to rename the files. 

Nonetheless, I’d be more than happy to pass your comments along to the dev team for review. 

If you have any other questions or feedback for us, don’t hesitate to get back to us. Thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

New member | Level 2

Thanks, I appreciate that. I does seem illogical that badly named files sent by my clients should cause a bottleneck for all other files sent by other clients! If a way to "park" badly named files, to allow correctly named ones through, could be found that would be awesome!

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

DropBox not properly syncing to my PC
4 Replies
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post