Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

no

Highlighted

Dropbox De-synced ALL files in unrelated folders.

New member | Level 2

So Dropbox was low on space, I have ALL my files stored locally, I do NOT have smart sync enabled. 
I decided to change some old folders to online only, manually NOT the "auto free up space" option. That is disabled to avoid this exact situation. 

When I enabled the "Online only" option on one, ONE folder DROP BOX CHANGED ALL MY FOLDERS ABOVE AND AROUND TO ONLINE ONLY! 

Now it will take days to get everythign synced and in the mean time I have clients wanting projects. 
What is even more insane is when I went into the smart sync settings for all files to try and prioritize certain folders it LOST ALL PROGRESS it have mad in those folders previously. I am resorting to manually downloading files one at a time from the web site. 

Doubt there is a fix but wanted to rant, thanks.

3 Replies

Re: Dropbox De-synced ALL files in unrelated folders.

Dropboxer

Hello @Fettness, I'm sorry to hear about this!

I understand that this must have caused you a great amount of frustration and appreciate you coming to the Community to share your experience.

I'd be more than happy to have a better look into this with you, if you'd like to of course.

Would you like me to reach out to the email linked with your Community profile? If you've already contacted Support, you can let me know the ticket number you received instead.

Let me know if you have any questions - thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

New member | Level 2

Sure, I thought it was fixed as most of my files have re-downloaded but I went to set ONE folder as "online only" again today, and it reset ALL of them again. 
What the heck guys? 

Dropboxer

Sorry to hear that @Fettness. Speak No Evil Not an expected behavior for sure. 

Let me know the version of Dropbox giving you this problem and the current status of your Dropbox app, please. 

Looking forward to your reply to assist. 

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Dropbox De-synced ALL files in unrelated folders.
3 Replies
0 Likes
Looking for Dropbox Paper users
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post