Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us!

no

Dropbox Files Not Syncing

New member | Level 2

I reorganized files in one of my folders and added new ones and it hasn't synced to my online account so other users cannot see my files. It has been saying that the files are syncing for the last 2 days and will not complete. I have rebooted Dropbox and the computer and have the internet hard wired and still nothing is working. My other device with the same account hasn't synced either so it's not an issue with it being a selective sync.

Please help!

Tags (1)
11 Replies

Re: Dropbox Files Not Syncing

Dropboxer

Hello @RRI_Designer - welcome to our Community and sorry to hear about your syncing issue. Let's take a look now; I'll just need a bit more info!

At first, could you take a look at the Dropbox icon in your taskbar (Windows) or menu bar (Mac) and see what the exact message being displayed reads?

Some messages may change, and file numbers or sizes may increase or decrease while this process is occurring. If this is occurring, please include a description of this behavior as well as it may be helpful.

In addition, please try changing your bandwidth settings according to your needs as this might do the trick for you!

Let me know what you find and we'll take it from there. Thank you!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Helpful | Level 5

I have kind of the same problem.

i can provide you with my infos:

in the menue bar it says, sync of 2360 files - 1 sec

its stuck at a invoice with the odt ending, which is a simple text file from open office.

i upgraded shorty to plus, had the problem before.

it mostly switches from "start to connect" (verbindungsaufbau -german) to sync 2360 files but always stuck at 1 sec.

all files i've put in dropbox wont sync with the online folder.

restart and all that stuff - pausing the sync and so on, did not help.

now its getting frustrating, cause i need dropbox for work and started already to source  everything out to google drive! **bleep** - it works there without any problem!!!!

whats going on dropbox??

Helpful | Level 5

oh and btw, i have had never one single sync failure!

and when i delete the already synced file, where its stuck, the number just decreases from 2360, but it won't change a thing....

Dropboxer

Sorry to hear about this @maxlux!

As you've already done some troubleshooting on your own (good work on that!), I think that the culprit behind this is either that a. you have some files with incompatible characters that caused this or b. you have symlinks somewhere in your set-up and they're the ones causing this syncing issue (in which case you'd need to remove them to resume the syncing process). 

For more information on these please consult these resources: 

I hope this helps and please let me know what you find. Oh, and welcome to our Community!

Walter

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Helpful | Level 5

it switches every 5 sec from the faded "not connected" symbol to the "sync" symbol and back.

annoying

Dropboxer

If you're having issues like this, it might be preferable to look into it with our support team @maxlux.

You can log a ticket through this page directly: 

https://www.dropbox.com/support 

Let me know if there's anything I can do to assist!

Walter

Helpful | Level 5

could it be, that dropbox has a problem with macdropany?

like having aliases/symbolic link?

but i m not sure, cause it worked before fluently, never had any problems.

i don't feel safe to import the original folder into dropbox.

i like to have it on my drive and it syncs to the dropbox folder.

Dropboxer

I'm not sure how these two play together to be honest @maxlux.

If you have symlinks though, I'd suggest taking a look at the following Help Center article which outlines the issues that can be caused by them and how to remove them if needed (specificaly look for step 7).

https://help.dropbox.com/installs-integrations/desktop/high-cpu-usage 

Let me know what you find!

Walter

New member | Level 2

I'm having a similar issue with files not syncing. Reinstalled Dropbox on the laptop that's not syncing. I'm able to upload the files (from the dropbox folder) manually to Dropbox as a workaround. Only have 3 devises linked, with the laptop that's not syncing being one of them. When I hover over the dropbox icon in the taskbar, there is no status info as is has been normal for Dropbox (no little green checkmark, no indication of uploading). Not sure why Dropbox is no longer functioning on the laptop, even after a reinstall. Note: Dropbox does not show an icon in the systems icons now, just in the main taskbar - I don't think that's the same thing.

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Dropbox Files Not Syncing
11 Replies
4 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post